How to promote your new website
Search Engine Optimization
Are you using keywords that your clients are searching for online? Do you know what they are looking for on Google? For your clients to find you, the keywords they search for must be prominent on your website. Google must regard your site as relevant for those key phrases.
- Customer searches for a keyword and finds your site, he/she clicks on it and lands at the site.
- Now he is there, will he find what he was searching for? Is he/she at the right place? Is the page they landed on relevant, do they see a solution to their search?
- The customer is at the right place, the solution to their problem is there, what are they going to do? Can you entice them to contact you? Do you have a relevant offer and call to action?
Your SEO keywords are the keywords and phrases in your web content that make it possible for people to find your site on the search engines.
How do you find the best keywords? You need to do keyword research to see what people are looking for in the search engine. An excellent place to start is the Google Keyword Planner.
Create a keyword list, start with 15 to 20 keywords your customers are using, and will bring relevant traffic to your site.
Write content about topics from your keyword research
Know your audience, write short and simple sentences. Multimedia, images, video are worth a thousand words. Make text scannable. Remember your “what to do next” or call to action. Optimize each page for one keyword or group of similar or related keyphrases.
Optimize your content
- Build trust by using the right words and being objective
- Match the user’s intent. Identify the user’s search and then create content that matches it.
- Create quality content. If not, you will disappoint your readers and lose their trust.
- Produce Calls-to-Action. Perfectly optimized content is action oriented. Every piece of content should help the reader to know what to do next.
- Optimize engagement with images. Articles with images get 94% more views.
- Create interesting and informative content with passion and energy.
- Build relationships, for good link building you need to build good relationships
- Ask for backlinks
- Give Testimonials
- Start a blog
- Article Marketing or Guest Posts
- List your site in trustworthy directories
- Discover your competitors’ backlinks
- Turn your mentions into backlinks
- Find the most relevant link building opportunities.
Local and mobile traffic is critical to many businesses. Your site needs to be well optimized for mobile devices, be responsive and user-friendly on smartphones and tablets. The website needs to be fast. The site speed affects your ranking.
Google My Business
If you have a business website, you need to list it at Google My Business. By registering your business here, you get a free business listing and a business profile that customer can find in Google search and maps. Consistency and accuracy are essential in the directories. Make sure you use precisely the same information in all your directory listings. The identical spelling of the company, accurate address, same phone #. That is, your NAP needs to be consistent (Name, Address, Phone). Remember to verify your listing.
Bing Places for Business
Add your business to the Bing Places for Business to help customers find you on Bing. Claim or create your listing, complete your profile, use same NAP as before. Then you need to verify your listing.
Local Business Directories, Yellow Pages
List your site on other business directories, such as Yellow Pages, BBB, Facebook, Linkedin, Yelp, Local.com, Manta.
Encourage your customers to leave a review for your business because Google Reviews drive your local and mobile SEO results. The following indicates the top signals to appear in the local pack.
- My Business Signals (Proximity, categories, keyword in business title, etc.) 19%
- Link Signals (Inbound anchor text, linking domain authority, linking domain quantity, etc.) 17%
- On-Page Signals (Presence of NAP, keywords in titles, domain authority, etc.) 14%
- Citation Signals (IYP/aggregator NAP consistency, citation volume, etc.) 13%
- Review Signals (Review quantity, review velocity, review diversity, etc.) 13%
Pay Per Click
PPC is online advertising where advertisers pay each time a user clicks on the online ad.
To set up a Google ad campaign, go to Google Ads.
- Choose the right keywords. Here you are paying for each visitor to your site, and you want to optimize conversions or sales, not traffic.
- Make sure you only advertise within your business service area. You don’t want to pay for traffic from outside the area you service.
- The highest volume keywords are not always your best keywords, and they may produce a lot of traffic but a low conversion rate. You will also pay more for high volume word. You want to spend as little as you can to get as many sales as possible.
Bing ads work much the same as Google ads. Test the campaigns to make sure you are getting an acceptable return on your investment.
Email marketing is a highly effective strategy for sending emails to prospects and customers.
- Create and use your own list
- Grow your email list with Lead Magnets
- Create an opt-in form that converts
- Choose an email marketing service such as MailChimp. You can start with a free plan.
- Don’t buy or rent mailing lists.
Create a business blog to get more online visibility.
- It helps drive traffic to your website
- It can help convert traffic into lead or sale
- It helps your SEO if done correctly
Social Media Platforms
Interacting with consumers on social media is an important marketing strategy for small businesses. Using social media helps you build brand awareness, increase your customer base, and connect with current customers. Many companies use social media as a critical component in their customer service.
Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube
- Facebook is the biggest social media site around with over 2 billion users. Create a Facebook business page and claim your listing. Integrate your content and website with your Facebook page.
- YouTube is a video sharing platform with 1.9 billion users. It is also the second largest search engine.
Facebook ads are a cost-effective way of increasing your reach. Conversions are usually lower than PPC ads as Facebook ads are not as focused. In Facebook, you are delivering advertisements to a demographic without knowing their immediate interest.
Create a fun, appealing, and recognizable signature for your email, blog posts, or even photos, videos, and shareable content. It is a great way to get people to recognize and understand your brand — and to draw their eyes to your URL.
A Sitemap is an XML file that lists the URLs for a site. It allows search engines to crawl the site more efficiently and to find your URLs.
Google Search console
Set up an account on Google Search Console. It will allow you to track your site search performance and browse for other webmaster resources. You can also publish your XML maps here.
Bing Webmaster tools
Sign up for Bing Webmaster Tools, publish your XML maps, get access to free reports and resources.
Implement Schema Microdata
Schema tells the search engines what your data means, not just what it says. It can improve the way search engines read and represent your page.
Internal links connect your content and give Google an idea of the structure of your website. They can establish a hierarchy on your site, allowing you to provide the most important pages and posts more link value than other, less valuable, pages. So using the right internal linking strategy can boost your SEO.
Make sure your site is responsive
Responsive design will make your site mobile friendly and improve the look and readability on different devices, such as smart-phones and tablets.
Make sure your site is fast
Site speed reflects how quickly a website responds to web requests. Speeding up websites is important — to all Internet users. Faster sites create happy users and improve your site’s ranking.
Use video in your content strategy
- Please optimize your Videos, title, description, and include a link to your site
- Make clear what the video is about
- Use videos as social proof or testimonials
- Optimize video for conversions
- Analyze your video performance
Conferences and trade shows can provide excellent opportunities to network, distribute printed material, and even becoming a speaker.
Face to face connections is essential to build a lasting business relationship.
Speaking engagements put you in front of a targeted audience, ready to hear what you have to say. It helps you establish your credibility and thought leadership.
Calls have a personal touch, and they resonate with interested buyers. A “warm” prospect is one who not only knows of your firm but has been exposed to your thought leadership – through digital channels like your website, social media or email marketing, though offline techniques such as speaking engagements or books can also build engagement offline.
Demos & Consultations
Live and personal demonstrations and consultations provide a direct connection between buyer and seller
Distribute Business cards whenever possible
- Leave a business card with your tip at a restaurant.
- See a public bulletin board? Put up a business card.
- Go to the library and place business cards in books related to your business.
- When you see a contest fish bowl asking for business cards, drop yours in. Always.